How to prevent data wastage in android phones.
Android phones have a tendency of using alot of data.This is because they can update and run in the background. This feature makes android a very powerful gadget but still makes it use alot of data. According to my experience with android phones here are some of the ways you can save yourself from the burden of data wastage.
1. Restrict background data. This can be accessed by opening your phones settings and clicking on the data usage. You then click on the menu button on your phone. This will bring forth several options for you and click on the restrict power button. Data background restriction prevents apps from using data in the background. So apps will only use data under the condition that they are in the home screen.
2. Disable automatic update of apps on your playstore. Go to the Google Play store app and tap Menu > Settings > Auto-update apps. This prevents data from being wasted on updates. Thus saving you data.
3. Restrict power hungry apps from wasting data by disabling them. Apps such as Google play, Facebook and cloud backup consume alot of data. If you do not use it everyday you can disable power hungry apps by going to setting > Apps > All then click on the app you want to disable then click on disable.
4. Remove Google play store.....this can ONLY be achieved if the android phone is rooted and with the use of another app like link2sd. Rooting gives you complete control of your device. But before you root your phone look at the advantages disadvantages of rooting your phone and weigh if its good for your phone or not.
5. Use opera mini to browse the internet. Opera mini has one of the most beautiful interfaces. But don't let the good looks fool you; it is a very powerful application that saves you alot of data. For me it has helped me save data since back when i was using Nokia. :-)